SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality service, sales or operational skills combined with supervisory skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others, and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage, and gaming.
The full qualification is recommended for senior frontline hospitality people with supervisory functions.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- bar supervisor or team leader
- duty manager
- food and beverage supervisor or team leader
- front office supervisor or team leader
- housekeeping supervisor or team leader
- gaming supervisor or team leader
- shift manager
There are 21 units included in this program comprising nine (9) compulsory (core) and twelve (12) elective units, which can be selected from a wide range of business and related units. A sample course structure would be as follows:
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement & monitor work health & safety practices
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- SITHFAB001 Clean and tidy bar areas
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB003 Operate a bar
- SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
- SITHFAB010 Prepare and serve cocktails
- SITHFAB014 Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITHFAB016 Provide advice on food
The qualification is $4,000.00 with payment options.
Payment options are available.
Maximum of $1500.00 taken up front.
Enrolment deposit, plus regular instalments.
All assessments are competency based. You will be assessed against each unit of competency as well as the full qualification.
The type of assessment tasks may include:
- Practical demonstration
- Knowledge activities
- Case studies
Recognition of Prior Learning
The process of Recognition of Prior Learning and/or Recognition of Current Competencies gives those people with the relevant experience the opportunity to gain formal recognition for their competencies (skills and knowledge) gained through life, work and study, regardless of where, when and how they were achieved.
Students are responsible for gathering evidence that show they have the required competencies to the standard set out by the industry in the National Competency Standards.
The qualification is delivered through a combination of classroom, online and practical workplace based delivery and learning. Students must be employed to be able to complete their learning and assessment requirements.
You will be visited by our Trainer/Assessor, in your workplace, on a monthly basis to progress your learning and complete assessment observations with you. Your trainer/assessor will also provide you support over the phone, email or face-to-face as required.
During the enrolment process, students will go through their training and assessment arrangements in detail, including what units are most suitable to your needs and what support strategies will help you complete your qualification.
We recommend you complete this course within 2-3 years.
Training is conducted at our facilities at 131 Pinjar Rd, Wanneroo WA 6065.
This venue also has a fully functional and operational Bistro with seating capacity of 180-220 patrons.
If you have any questions regarding the course, or would like to enrol, please contact our us or visit our website.